Thursday, October 4

Where did the summer go?

Hello,

It's been some time since I was here on the old blog but we moved house and lots of other crazy things happened along the way.  Summer just flew by and looky here, we are in October!!!!  We are settled in now (mostly) but my studio is still in some hot mess, so work has been but a trickle since my last update.

Issue 4 of 91 Magazine is out and proud with my 'Vintage Lover's guide to Berlin' in it!  This was so fun to do but we moved right in the middle of me making it and then didn't have any interweebs for what seemed like forever. I don't have a finished digital image to share as it is on a different PC, but go over to the magazine here and peruse it - honestly this edition is cracking!

I have very kindly been asked to contribute to Issue 5 so will let y'all know when that's ready to roll.

Hot from the studio is this mixed media piece - I have just called it 'Deer' as I can't really think of any fancy names.  It is a mixture of pencil crayon, acrylic, graphite and vintage paper on canvas board.  I prepared the board ages ago but only just felt like this was the image to use it for.

Deer - Mixed media 40x40

Here she is on my drawing board - the sunshine just came out at the right moment. Below is a close up.  The original will be available to buy soon.

Deer - Close up
This week I also discovered a new technique of using fabric and paper with the ability to draw, transfer, silver point and stitch on it.  Like, all my favorite things together - no longer do I have to choose between them.  Oh, I couldn't order supplies fast enough!  When I have had a few good trials I shall reveal more. Needless to say I am excited :)

Lastly I am very happy to tell you all that I am 6 months pregnant!  It's not been easy so far, I won't lie, but we waited so long for it to happen that every day is a gift.  I've had some scary moments but this bambino is a fighter! Deer is actually a gift to my baby - not in a literal sense but as something I created to will us both on to the finish line.

I hope you all had a great summer and are enjoying the approach of autumn.  I for one can't wait for cosy nights in, brisk weather and fiery changing hues.  Hot chocolate anyone?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Fab pic Corinne, and a lovely sentiment. I shall join you and Bubs in a hot chocolate, love Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah :) Will get to making them xx

    ReplyDelete